Stuffed Green Peppers (quinoa and wild rice deliciousness)
- 2 cups of cooked quinoa wild rice blend or you can use just quinoa or wild or brown rice, I always cook my quinoa or rice in chicken broth it tastes so much better cooked that way).
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (Kirkland brand from Costco is hands down my favorite)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley or 1 tablespoon of dry parsley
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6-8 medium green bell peppers, washed, stems cut off and seeds pulled out
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Cook onion and lean ground beef or turkey on medium high in a non stick skillet until onions are soft and meat is cooked. Put the cooked meat onion mixture on a plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet over medium heat pour in the marinaria sauce, beef broth, balsamic vinegar, and red pepper flakes into the skillet; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Pour tomato sauce mixture into a 9x13-inch baking dish and set aside.
- Combine ground beef, diced tomatoes, Italian parsley, garlic, salt, black pepper, into bowl and mix well. Stir in cooked rice and Parmesan cheese. Stuff green bell peppers with beef mixture.
- Place stuffed green bell peppers in the baking dish with the tomato sauce mixture; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese, cover baking dish with aluminum foil, and bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove aluminum foil and bake until the green peppers are tender and the cheese is browned on top, 20 to 25 minutes.
*Those were peppers from my garden, store bought peppers will be a lot larger, I also used my big 15X10 inch baking dish I talk about in this post.