We love these pancakes, they are 100% whole wheat, and they are healthy and delicious, my kids gobble them up. Enough said try them for yourself you’ll love them Here’s the recipe we double this and sometimes even triple it for our family size.
- 1 c. whole kernal wheat (white or red wheat)
- 1 c. milk
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 c. olive or canola oil (you can do a little less than this sometimes I don't measure the oil and just pour about 2-3 tablespoons in experiment a little)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Blend the first two ingredients (milk and wheat kernels) in the blender for 2-3 minutes until well blended then add 1/2 cup of milk and blend for another minute.
- Then add egg, sugar, baking powder, oil, and salt. Blend all the ingredients together until well blended.
- Cook on a hot griddle and Enjoy!
For a healthier topping option try eating the pancakes with a fried egg on top (I had them just this morning this way and it was delicious), or try all natural peanut butter, homemade jam, local honey or agave.
Recipe source: Janet Cox